Upcoming November deadlines in sight
With deadlines in November, now is the time to be preparing your applications for projects serving the Calgary area. The Calgary Foundation provides a series of financial supports for eligible projects including two with upcoming deadlines:
- the Strategic Opportunity Grants (due on the first of each month) which are available for organizational development and program development (up to $10,000).
- the Doc Seaman Amateur Sport Grants (deadline Nov. 12) which are available for amateur sports and athletics.
The Strategic Opportunity Grants support the development of initiatives, particularly those which further the Calgary Foundation’s priority areas:
- Poverty reduction
- Encouraging mental health
- Living a creative life
- Strengthening relationships with Indigenous communities
- Pursuing an environmentally sustainable future
You can learn more about their Strategic Opportunity Grants by clicking this link.
The Doc Seaman Amateur Sport Grants support:
- All aspects of amateur ice hockey in Canada on a nation-wide basis;
- Initiatives that encourage young people to learn about, enjoy and play amateur sport of all kinds;
- Initiatives that increase equal access and promote participation in community-based amateur sport;
- Registered Canadian amateur athletic associations; and
- Other general charitable purposes as the Board of Directors of Calgary Foundation shall determine.
You can learn more about their Doc Seaman Amateur Sport Grant by clicking this link.
Need assistance preparing this application? ForthWrite can help with that. Contact us at this link. Grant Writing is one of the many marketing and communications products and services available from ForthWrite. For an overview, visit Services.